IRHR 15_15 B
Amendments to the Public Holiday Act
On 13 October 2015 amendments to the Holidays Act 1983 were passed by the Queensland Legislative Assembly prescribing that from 2016:
- The Queen’s Birthday has moved from the first Monday in June 2016 to the first Monday in October 2016
- Labour Day will go from the first Monday in October 2016 to its former May date being the first Monday in May 2016
- There will be no longer be a public holiday in June
Just a reminder of the Public Holiday in December for 2015 – they are;
- 25 December – Christmas Day
- 26 December – Boxing Day
- 28 December – Boxing Day holiday (additional holiday as Boxing Day falls on a weekend)
This means, if penalty rates are applicable to your employees, public holiday rates apply for each of these days.
If you need any further information regarding public holiday provisions – Contact Brismark Business Services on 3915 4213 or [email protected] – we’re here to help.